STD Tests / Screening
As explained earlier, almost all STDs have a risk of causing infection without displaying any symptoms, even for many months. Yet a patient with asymptomatic infection can still be passing it on to his sexual partners. If you or your partner has recently or previously been at risk, it may be helpful to consider some of the following tests:
( Please note that consultation charges are separate from the test prices. Our test prices include GST ).
Price ( S$ )
|108||Blood tests;no fasting necessary|
|168||Blood tests;no fasting necessary|
|Urethritis ( Men )|
|280||Urine tests;please hold urine for 4 hours|
|Urethritis & Vaginitis ( Women )||360||Urine and swab tests – please avoid testing when having menses.|
|Full screen Men||390||Blood + Urine required;Please hold urine for 4h;No fasting necessary|
|Full screen Women||430||Blood + Urine + Swabs required;Please hold urine for 4h;No fasting necessary;Pls avoid testing when having menses.|
Individual tests are also available.
The more popular ones include:
- Gonorrhoea & chlamydia PCR ( urine test – please hold urine for 4 hours )
- Herpes simplex serology ( blood tests )
- Herpes simplex PCR ( swab )
- Syphilis serology and titres
- Rapid HIV antibody tests using either fingerprick blood, or saliva
- Rapid HIV P24 antigen/antibody test using fingerprick blood
- HIV ELISA test ( blood test )
- HIV DNA PCR ( blood test – to be done on weekdays, before 11am. No fasting required. )
- HIV RNA PCR ( blood test – to be done on weekdays, before 11am. No fasting required. )
More details on HIV testing can be found here.
Rapid screening tests which give results in 20min are now available for: syphilis and HIV
HPV DNA testing ( eg. Digene ) is also available. However, do note that the high-risk strains which are screened for in these tests are the cancer-causing subtypes, not specifically those which cause genital warts.